Wednesday, October 6, 2010

6 October 2010

On my Letter of Appointment,
I scribbled the date below my signature.
Today, I officially have a job. Yay! I'm an arts and crafts teacher,
and school opens on 1 January 2011.

It's sinking in that I have 2 months more of bumming around
before I start getting up in the morning to go to work.
Seven a.m. and I'm off to school.

Today, I've also decided to start blogging again.
I've closed my other blog since that chapter of my life is oh-so-over.
Let's see each other here instead. I have a feeling
this is going to be an exciting ride.

TAACE (aka, my blog name) stands for
The Arts And Crafts Experiment.
The posts before this served as a support to my CV.
Since I got the job, perhaps the experiment is working :)

Now I must experiment with ideas to share with the children.
I can't wait!

•••

Gift Number One: From Joshua
"Water" from a weekend sailing trip with his parents.


"This is water from under our boat. I got some for you, Miss Itsy."
(I received this while volunteering at
the international school on Emerald Hill.)